A lobbyist becomes a de facto employee of the bill sponsor. Sponsors have little time to promote the success of the bill. When you partner with LFN, together we promote and fight for the bill. We will also provide talking points, counter points to opposition and alert the sponsor to problems that arise without warning.
Our Knowledge Becomes A Force Multiplier When You Partner With Us
Knowing the political landscape is crucial. Lobbyists provide these important services:
- Legislative knowledge
- Negotiation skills and consensus-building
- Knowing which elected or appointed official to contact for specific issues.
Knowing who to communicate with gets results. Knowing people and personalities, party leaders, committee chairpersons and their staff mandatory to succeed. Our expertise in these areas saves you time and effort.
- We know all the barriers to bills we support
- We react quickly to amendments that can destroy an otherwise good bill
- We can identify the opposition whether it is within the legislative body or other lobbyists
- We can identify and objections of committee staff or House and Senate leadership
- We know who to speak with, where to find them and we have the access
- We bring YOUR key issue(s) to the right committee, state agency and decision makers, elected and non-elected. decision-makers, parliamentary committees, and state agencies. Lobbying isn’t just about contacting elected or unelected officials
- We will advise YOU, our partner of the right time to call and take action on proposed legislation
- We know the right people and the right timing for action. We keep you informed of both
Because face to face interaction is the most effective in lobbying, legislators are flooded with lobbyist visits. Being in Tallahassee full time during the pre-session hearings and the actual legislative session gives us that face to face advantage.
Who is lobbying against you?
Many people think of a private sector lobbyist as someone with expensive haircuts and clothing. A hired gun for that issue. Very often that is the case. But did you know many governmental agencies pay lobbyists?
They place lobbyists on their staff and/or hire them outright.
- The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles paid one person $82,000 a year to lobby.
- According to Sunshine Review, Florida school districts spent over $1.2 million lobbying in 2009.
Do you think they are spending more now or less? They want more of your money and they will spend more to get it each and every year. Without a powerful partner representing you in Tallahassee you are not only defenseless, you are subject to policies in which you had zero input. The reality is that in most cases, sending an email to a legislator at best gets you an automated response? When you take action with LFN you, our partners become a powerful force multiplier to be reckoned with by officials. Just as importantly, we will get you past the appointed “Gate Keepers.” These are the various staffers that densely populate the legislative landscape.
- We know the staffers of every legislator, not just yours.
- We know the staffers for the committee chair that will hear the bill.
- Chances are your legislator doesn’t know you. When you partner with us he/she will hear your voice.
You might be surprised at who is really against you in Tallahassee. You should be represented in the legislature no less than you would be represented in court by a knowledgeable and expert attorney.
LFN is that knowledgeable expert in your corner!
What is your liberty or proposed legislation worth?
On your own, you are limited by time, talent and money. When you partner with LFN, these are multiplied by the effect of like minded citizens coming together in the cause of liberty. As your advocate in Tallahassee, an advocate who shares your principles, we maximize your efforts. We maximize your time, your talent and your money with our expertise and knowledge. What is this worth to you? As your partner and advocate we will never compromise our principles. Our team has spent years cultivating relationships, acquiring knowledge and getting results. Never has this come at the expense of our principles and integrity. You don’t have just a partner in LFN, you have a partner you can trust!